Assess overall UX and booth design trends at the 2016 annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), one of the largest gatherings of cancer doctors and professionals in the world. Our team was there to examine the design of exhibitor booths from a user experience POV—in this case, that of practicing oncologists.
Examine 10 notable booth designs to ascertain effectiveness against specific measures and provide key learnings that can be applied to other tradeshows.
White paper to be published Fall 2016
AMGEN ONCOLOGY BUSINESS UNIT UX LANDSCAPE AUDIT (2015)
Establish a qualitative benchmark of pharmaceutical oncology websites to assess UX mental models, standardization, and web content strategy approach.
Conduct UX heuristic assessment and reviews:
- Competitive Oncology Brand Websites (HCP)
- Amgen Oncology Brand Websites (HCP)
- Oncology Industry Websites (i.e. Medscape, UpToDate, Sermo)
- 180-slide report presented and delivered to client
- Recommendations for documentation and stimuli for live HCP user testing
Genentech USMA CHEST Ethnography (2015)
Assess the performance Genentech U.S. Medical Affairs (USMA) booth at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST), including:
- UX and flow of digital assets
- Placement of objects
- Ways to communicate key booth messages
- Overall booth layout and tactics
Assess competitive landscape to determine what competitors are doing well and where we can find opportunities to enhance our own booth experience
Ethnographic study of Genentech's USMA booth and 6 key competitors
46-slide report presented and delivered to the client, including findings and design recommendations .
RELYPSA PATIROMER SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT & STRATEGIC ROADMAP (2015)
1. Understand the current behaviors and sentiments of nephrologists and cardiologists with regard to the use of social media as a vehicle of clinical information and education. Based on findings, develop a social media strategy and bolster awareness of Patiromer among these audiences.
2. Conduct workshop with clients to build proto-personas of social media users.
Interviews were conducted with 14 nephrologists and 10 cardiologists , to unveil deeper behavioral patterns that are specifically relevant to professional usage in the social media space. Assess data gaps to confirm if online surveys are necessary.
Genentech BioOncology ASH Ethnography (2014)
Ethnographic Research conducted at the 2014 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hemotology
Smithsonian Knowledge Management Study (2011)
Research was conducted via ethnography, online surveys, and semi-structured interviews with Smithsonian researchers. A final report, consisting of the information architecture, study results, and user experience recommendations for the implementation of a KM program and digital system was co-authored. This research and the design recommendations were presented at the 2012 Columbia University Libraries Symposium.
iHeartRadio Usability Study (2011)
Assess the user experiences of Thumbplay Music and iHeartrRadio’s desktop and mobile interfaces during the companies’ merger.
Performed 25-step usability tests utilizing survey questionnaire, interview, and Silverback usability testing software.